Friday, May 19, 2006

Hey everybody!

I'm trying out this blog deal for my time in Japan. Hopefully I'll have some interesting stories to tell and pictures to post, assuming I can figure it all out.

Anyway, here's the summary of everything up to this point:

Last November I applied to the JET program which sends native English speakers to Japan to teach English in the public schools. After the long and painful waiting process that goes along with the program, I was eventually notified that I've been selected and I'll be leaving for the city of Fujiyoshida on July 29th.

Fujiyoshida seems like a great place to live and I'm very excited to be moving there. It's the city at the base of Mt. Fuji. Apparently it's also famous for its udon! Anyways, I'll probably be updating this blog often since I'm currently unemployed and bored out of my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home