Friday, May 26, 2006

Some news!

Today I received an email from one of the JETs living in Fujiyoshida. He gave me a little bit of information about the city and the other JETS in the city.

There's a ton of nature related activies in the area as you might expect. There are also five large lakes in the region where a lot of the JETS spend their weekends at. Camping, hiking and snorkling seem to be the activities of choice in the area. It's a good thing I like all these activities (well, I've never been snorkling) or else I'd be feeling mighty surly about now...

He also said that I'd be living in a "danchi". I looked the word up and it seems to be a large apartment complex. Although he didn't describe the place, he did give a brief description of all the other JETs living in the same place. I think there's about five of us total and we're all Americans. He also the gave me the name of my predecessor and let me know that the school I'll be teaching at is only a five minute walk away from my home. I wish he had described the apartments, but I guess I'll find out more about the place when my predecessor gets in touch with me.

By the way, anybody who wants to can post comments on my blog, or at least I think they can...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home