Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Man-love

Yesterday we had some weird assembly where the students went to the gym and sat for two hours. The level of detail I just used is the actual amount of knowledge I have on what was going on...

Anyway, quick story. I was talking to one of my third year kids whose English isn't very great. This kid always makes jokes about how much he loves me (I hope their jokes anyway). I've always just kind of wondered if he meant it in the sense that he just likes me a lot. My school principal once told me that he loves me because he thought it meant just "to like a lot", so I thought this might be a similar situation.

As we were talking, all of a sudden he says something to the extent of "Oh....Kevin....I....not....happy". I asked him why. "Because....I love Kevin. But, Kevin is man. I am homo, so.....I am....not...happy". He then made a really sad face. I just stared at him for a few seconds until he said "you are very pretty!" and touched me on the cheek. I responded by punching him in the back of the head and walking off. Believe it or not, this is probably one of the more normal interactions I've had with my third year students! If anything, I can always say that my job keeps my life interesting...

1 Comments:

At 1:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your awesome powers make the little japanese boys sad. Why can't they have your sweet sweet manlovin;?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home