Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Rockies need to F***ing win!

As I write this I'm watching the Rockies as they are losing their third straight game to the Red Sox. I'm rooting for the Rockies, but I know the Red Sox are a better team, I'm just happy they got to the championship...

...but the teachers at school are pissing me off! Since Matsuzaka plays for the Red Sox, all the teachers are Red Sox "fans". They aren't real fans though, since they can only name Matsuzaka. They'll also tell you that their favorite MLB teams are the Red Sox AND the Yankees. I think that speaks for itself.

Anyway, it's understandable that they're Red Sox fans because of Matsuzaka, but also annoying as hell. At work, the vice principal makes sure to tell me that the Rockies are losing at every chance, mocks the team and makes annoying sound effects. I was trying to avoid the scores too, so I was wanting to wrap my hands around his neck. The other teachers also make it a point to talk about how great the Red Sox are at every opportunity.

It would be nice if the Rockies could win just one game to shut them up, but it doesn't look promising...

1 Comments:

At 12:53 AM , Blogger Sam said...

Kevin, I'm reading this much later but let me say I am deeply sympathetic. I can't imagine an even higher frequency of Rex Sox talk than I had to put up with, or as I like to call them, "The New-Age-Yankee-ManRam-AL-All-Star-Team-Bullshitters."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home