Wednesday, December 26, 2007

3:30AM blog

I've been in Colorado since Friday afternoon to visit my parents over winter vacation. I'm wide awake and bored at 3:30 and I have nothing else to do but blog (or read, but who the hell does that anymore?!) At first I just assumed I'd been suffering from bad jet lag, but I'm starting to think I have insomnia since I've had about 5 hours total sleep in the past 3 days...

Anyway, this my first time back in the past 16 months and the trip is going just about how I thought it would. My parents have moved to the ass end of Colorado to a place where I don't know anyone and there's nothing to do. Our new house is huge and is filled with new shit like a bar, pool table and a huge brand new HDTV. My dad even bought a new laptop for my mom and LCD TV for my grandma. I didn't know they had that much money; I guess you suddenly have a lot more disposable income when you no longer have a child to support.

The close quarters with my parents/grandparents is driving me crazy already. All the bickering and annoying habits of my family have been quickly griding on my nerves. I thought I could be more patient with them since this is my vacation, but I'm already looking forward to heading back to Japan just to regain my privacy, independence and to get some peace and quiet. My family brings out the worst in me I think.

Thankfully my parents gave me the ok to go around the state and visit my friends. My mom didn't even freak out. I wish I had stayed in touch with more people since I left college. It always feels weird trying to contact someone out of the blue. Nonetheless, some time with old friends will do me a lot more good than time with family I think.

I'm using this trip back home as a gauge as to what I want to do next year. I have to make my decision as to whether or not to do JET for another year in February. I think I'd stay for sure if my job wasn't so painfully, mind numbingly boring. I'm not sure if it's worth suffering through just for another year of experiences/time with friends/travel; however, right now I'm feeling that I don't really have much to come home to so I might as well stay.

Anyway, I think this blog went more like an emo diary entry than anything interesting, but thanks for reading! My Christmas didn't go so well if you couldn't tell...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home