Friday, September 08, 2006

Last blog ever?!

Well, in about 6 hours I'll be leaving to climb Mt. Fuji. When climbing Mt. Fuji, most people start from the 5th Station which is about halfway up the mountain. Supposedly the climb is difficult enough from there and still takes about 6 or 7 hours...

I, on the other hand, am not starting from the 5th station. Nope, I'm starting from the Sengen Jinja shrine, the historic/traditional starting point from the climb. This will add approximately 8 hours to the climb. As most you of know, I'm in about as good as physical condition as Dick Cheney. I give myself about a 10% chance of actually surviving the entire climb. The climb also takes place overnight to get to the top in time for sunset which will add to the fatigue factor.

Why am I doing this? Well, for one, my neighbor Mike is very energetic and very persuasive. But also, I want to become a legend. A man among men. A hero to my students. So even if there's a slight possibility I'll make it to the top, I've got to take it, for history's sake....

I know you'll all be grinding at the bit to hear my tragic tale, so once I get down I'll provide a story + pictures (assuming I do get down!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home