Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The blight called the conference

Now that I've entered the "real world" and I have a "job" I've already grown to hate one thing: the confererence.

So far I've gone to mandatory conferences for just about everything, all of them useless. We even had to sit through a conference on food during one of our lunch breaks. Some of these aren't so bad. The conferences in Tokyo came with free food and a stay at a 5-star hotel. This week, however, sucks. We've had an English teacher's conference all this week in Kofu, the capital of Yamanashi about an hour an a half away. For this particular conference we are not provided lodging. While Kofu is relatively short, it's not fun to commute for 3 hours a day to have 8 hours worth of pointless meetings, especially since we have to be there at 8:30 everyday. This may also be the most pointless conference yet: 4 days of activities with the sole purpose of getting English teachers to speak English.

Well, I had just enough time to squeeze out a short, bitter blog. Maybe I can write something better this weekend(?).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home