Friday, June 22, 2007

A trip to my subconcious

Here's just a quick little story about a dream I had the other night. I think it's a humorous reflection on what Japan has done to my mindset.

First some background: Japan actually has a fair amount of "western" food available, but the problem is that they like to add lots of weird stuff it it. Two of the most common random things they liked to add are corn and mayonnaise. Also, I've had a craving for some different types of beer, especially fat tire. Japanese beer isn't really all that bad, it's just all really light and doesn't have much flavor too it. There's also not really any variety available, all the main brands are just slight variations on the same kind of beer.

Anyway, I had a dream that I was walking around Tokyo and I came across a small bar that had Fat Tire. It was about 2000 yen ($20) for a tiny glass of the stuff, but I thought it was well worth it. I ordered a glass and everybody around me complimented my on my fine taste for beer. I took a few small sips in order to savor the flavor before deciding to down the whole thing. At that point I noticed that the beer had become thick and that a solid chunk of something had entered my mouth. I looked down into the glass and noticed a huge piece of corn just floating in the beer...

...at that point I woke up suddenly in a cold sweat. It was probably the worst nightmare I've had in years...

1 Comments:

At 7:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least it wasn't mayonnaise.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home