Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I visited my parents II: Electric Boogaloo

Well, I survived moving out and all I lost was my left eye. What does that mean? I get to spend the next 9 days back with my parents! I'll keep you posted on all the insanity and weirdness that goes on during my last 6 days in America. Holy crap...

Wednesday:
-My parents went on and on about some talent show they watch. Specifically, they kept talking about some 7 foot tall gay Russian guy who does acrobatics and juggles. My dad kept doing an impression of him in his best gay Russian lisp "I no want to go home! Thees is all I hav!". This must be one hell of a talent show..

Thursday:
-I went up with my mom to Canyon City (aka hell) to drop off all the junk from my apartment into my grandparents' overstuffed garage.
-I went to lunch at this snooty French restaurant with my mother and grandmother. It's always an adventure with those two once the bill comes; it's a deathmatch to see who can pay the bill. My grandmother always wins. She fights dirty by distracting my mom as soon as she sees the waiter coming. She then hands over a $50 bill before my mom knows what hits her. They then bicker about it until we leave. Repeat at next meal.
-We got back to Colorado Springs during rush hour. It was also raining very hard causing traffic to go slower than normal. My mother had the bright idea to get off the interstate and go home the long way; however, that street would also be too busy so she would then choose an even more direct route. Repeat the process a few more times and add in a gas break and suddenly you have an hour an a half drive home which would have only been thirty minutes if we stayed on the interstate. This made me very surly indeed.
-My last family related blog mentioned that my dad likes to chastise me with the same conversation about my future every night. He wasted no time this visit asking me what I had planned after Japan. He became very irritated with me when I answered that I was too busy planning for Japan to look that far ahead and that I had no set plans. He then told me to become a dentist. I'm sure we'll have the exact same conversation tomorrow night.

Friday:
-
The real estate agent who sold my parents their plot of land in Canyon City has kept trying to get my dad to come work for him to sell houses. I can't figure out why he thinks my dad would be good at that. I guess people are afraid to tell 6'4" 230 lbs ex-cops no. Anyways, my dad starts real estate school next week and he's already hitting the books hard, almost 6 hours a day. I'm trying to find a way to exploit this, so I'm open to suggestions!
-I escaped to Castle Rock for most of the day. My mom was clearly waiting up for me until I got home at about 1:30. She vehemently denied it, but my dad confirmed the truth today. I have a feeling she's not going to let me get on the plane to Tokyo if she can't even stand me going out of town for an afternoon... See http://kevinyoshida.blogspot.com/ for pics!

Saturday:
-My Uncle and Aunt came to our house on the way to my grandparents' house in hell (Canyon City). We had to keep their dog in our backyard while we went for lunch and to pick up a few things at Radio Shack. When we returned, the dog was behaving like it had been left alone for weeks and refused to move more than three feet away from my aunt or uncle. That dog is worse than some needy girlfriends that my friends have had (I'm not going to name any names Angela)
-I went shopping with my mom for some more new clothes. We picked up some dress socks with a sticker on them that said "Feel it!". Somehow the sticker wound up on my mom's breast and we didn't notice until we left the store. Luckily for my mom nobody saw it. I was hoping somebody would, I needed a good laugh..
-My dad and I had the some ol' conversation at dinner again...

Sunday:

-We came up to my grandparent's house to meet my aunt and uncle and have a big ol' family hootinanny. So far everybody has spend all day at my parents new house (under construction) and have left me here to take care of Boo, my uncle's dog who has extreme seperation anxiety. They better get home soon if they ever want to see this dog again!
-I'm going to change the name of the blog tonight! Why? Because I want to! I also thing a less strange name will make my blog more acceptable to the masses. I fully expect my blog to become the next big thing on the internet.

-I changed the name of the blog! bwahahahaha!



1 Comments:

At 11:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do I need to mention again that I dislike Colorado Springs with a passion?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home