Saturday, July 14, 2007

Typhoon Lagoon

If you've been following the news you may have heard about the big typhoon that has hit Japan. A typhoon is essentially just a mix of wind and rain. Endless, habitual, incessant rain. Typhoons can be very dangerous and are nothing to sneeze at. Here are some examples about how life in Fujiyoshida has changed thanks to the current typhoon:

-This morning we had to cancel our monthly apartment complex meeting. Now we'll have slightly more dust in the stairwell as usual!

-I was inconvenienced because I had to go to my car to get an umbrella before walking to lunch. I got moderately wet.

-My laundry isn't drying very fast.

-We're thinking about canceling a trip to the lake tomorrow

-Some travelers that we were letting stay out our place had second thoughts about climbing Mt. Fuji in the typhoon, but proceeded anyway.

As you can see, this typhoon is absolutely horrifying. You can understand why all Japanese TV stations have become 24 hour typhoon news networks. The worst part is that tomorrow is supposed to be the worst day! I think I'll be extremely lucky to get out of this alive!

*On a more serious note, people who do live in southern Japan are been seriously affected by the typhoon, so I wish them only the best in recovering once everything passes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home