Wednesday, June 28, 2006

One month and counting

At this time a month from now I'll be at the pre-departure orientation in Denver preparing to leave for the big trip the next morning. Here's where everything stands:

Right now I'm starting to get excited again. I've said my goodbyes to a lot of people and now I'm just looking forward to meeting new people and a change of scenery. Things are starting to become a lot more real now: I just sent off my visa application today, I got to meet a few other people doing JET last Saturday, I've learned some new stuff about my living situation and in a couple of weeks it'll be time to move out of my house.

I think I'm also becoming more excited because I continue to be bored out of my mind. I gave up on the summer job hunt awhile ago. I've been looking into volunteering to take up some of my time but most places want a longer commitment than what I can offer. It's pretty sad when you can't even get accepted as a volunteer! To make things worse my phone got disconnected today despite the fact that I've paid the bill they're bugging me for (more than once I might add). This means I'm even more cutoff from the world. This blog is all I have left!

One more note: I added a counter to the bottom of this page and I'm surprised at just how many visitors I've been getting. Maybe someday I'll become as popular as the kancho guy everyone tells me about. Sadly, that means I'll have to be kanchoed often, but I'd be willing to do it for fame and fortune!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home