Sunday, July 23, 2006

I visited my parents 3: Return of the Jedi

Well, my other post was acting up and was getting a little long, so I just created a new post. Whoopie!

Sunday:
-So I spent my last day with my grandparents and uncle/aunt before I went to Japan. Well, I didn't really spend it as much with them as I did with their annoying dog. I've come to learn something these past few months: goodbyes suck.
-My new blog name was a dismal failure, just like the rest of my life!

Monday:
-I can already tell it's going to be another fun day in Colo Spgs! I went around the house looking for things to photograph to help pass the time. I found this guitar in my closet that I bought from a pawn shop. I tried really hard to learn to play it for a couple of weeks, then I guess I just forgot about it. Now I don't know what to do with it. Hooray nostalgia!
-I got my international driver's license today. It has the worst picture of me ever taken. Maybe I'll share it with you all of I can!
-I also had the good fortune of finding an unused Best Buy gift card with my name on it today. I used it to buy the New Super Mario Bros for my gameboy. The game is mighty addicting and I'm glad I'll have something to do on the plane!
-The very surly side came out of me today when my mom drags me to Wal-Mart. The anthropologist in me despises Wal-Mart for what it does to communities and smaller business and I make sure to not give them any of my money. Plus I just don't like it because of the huge crowds and extremely cheaply made products. My mom knows how I feel about this place and still took me there to pick up a few miscellaneous things. For some reason I just freaked out and yelled at her. I was still coerced to buy things there despite my tantrum. I don't know what came over me, but it probably involves the joylessness of existing in Colorado Springs and the stress the comes with leaving the country and 5 days...

Tuesday:
-Here's what on the agenda for the day: 1) Do more shopping 2) Blog about how I did more shopping. Looks like you're in for quite a ride folks!
-More shopping as promised. Today was mostly spent on the futile search for shoes. They have this indoor/outdoor shoe rule in Japan and it's a big deal to never wear a shoe indoors that you have worn outdoors. This makes things really complicated when I have to consider work appropriate shoes, dress shoes and just casual shoes along with the strict luggage limit. I've been told a pair of sneakers is all right for work, but I just can't see myself wearing a shirt, tie and sneakers to class everyday. At this point I think it would just be easier to amputate my feet.
-The official countdown: 3 days left in America, 2 days left in Colorado springs. I'll be in Japan come Sunday. I haven't really felt nervous or excited, but I have been trouble sleeping lately and the days have been crawling by. I'm trying to try and savor my time here, but I really don't feel like I'm leaving that much behind. Now I'm afraid that there's not going to be anything here for me when it's time to come back...

Wednesday:
-Another night with not much sleep. I woke up really early too (well, 7:00 is really early for me). There's really not much to do at this time of day other than to deny friend request on myspace from whores who just want me to see their boobs (wait, that doesn't sound so bad when I type it out...) I still need to figure out the shoe situation today and then tomorrow it'll be time to pack. I wish I could just hit a fastfoward button to Sunday, but if I learned anything from the movie "Click" that would be a really bad idea. I never saw the movie "Click" mind you, I'm just trying to look cool and fit in...
-I finally got shoes! Now all of you can stop losing sleep about my shoe situation
-I also gave blood today. The nurse told me that I would be easy because I had big veins. This put me at ease with assured me that she wouldn't try and murder like angry dyke nurse back in Ft. Collins
-I'm blogging too much! Maybe a little break will keep my readers wanting more! I think you're all spoiled. Tomorrow might be my last blogging day for awhile, so that should put you all in your place!
-Colorado Springs is so conservative. How conservative is it?! Conservative enough for me to not make a joke about it without fearing that Focus on the Family will come and kill me in my sleep. Anyways, this basically means that the representative in congress is always guaranteed to be a Republican. That means that the primary is usually the big race here and politics here have been crazy now that the incumbent has stepped down. There have to be at least 8 people participating in a full campaign. Each campaign commercial pretty much shows one of them showing how much more conservative he is than the other. I never realized just how right wing this city was until I went to college and was introduced to new ideas and ways of thinking. I've changed a lot since then and now I'm pretty curious to see if the same thing will happen to me in a foreign country. Well, that's the excuse I'm using to keep this blog on topic anyway...

Thursday:
-Last full day in Colorado Springs!
-Today I went to the dentist, exchanged money and uninsured myself. I guess I have no choice but to leave now!
-I'm trying to avoid packing by any means necessary. My predecessor is back in town already so I'm trying to meet up with her and leave the packing to my poor poor mother...
-The Japanese yen is too big for my wallet. I can't help but think that they're trying to compensate for something...

1 Comments:

At 6:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home