Tuesday, June 06, 2006


I figured now would be a good time for another rant while I'm still dizzy from being drained of blood.

Today was quite an interesting experience at the blood bank! At first they rejected me as a donor because me pulse and blood pressure was too high: 96 pulse and 134/103 for the blood pressure. With those kinds of numbers I'm due for a heart attack at any moment! Once I convinced them that I wasn't morbidly obese (it took a good 10 minutes) they decided to do a manual blood pressure test. Everything came out fine the second time around and all was well in who-ville.

I then went and sat on the little lounge chair they had for donors and waited for the nurse to come over. I should have sensed trouble with her right away when she didn't comment on my huge veins; unfortunately, my spidey sense was all out of whack. The nurse then gave me a quick "you'll feel a pinch" warning and ruthlessly shoved the needle into my arm. Normally this doesn't hurt all that much, but the butch nurse didn't seem to care very much for precision. I sat there in heavy discomfort for a good five minutes as the life fluid was slowly drained out of me.

Most of this time the nurse was on the phone. This caused her to neglect the beeping which indicates that they've sucked enough of my blood out. I think they took way too much because I'm still really dizzy about two hours after the fact. Another, nicer nurse had to come rescue me. After that I had to obligatory awkward conversation with the old snack lady and left.

It was only 12:30 at this point so I decided to try and get some other things done today (I have so few things to get done at any point so I try and pace myself). First, I went off to get a haircut. I tried a couple places, and both claimed to have over two hour waits. It's a freaking Tuesday afternoon, why is everyone getting a haircut?! Easily discouraged from the haircut fiasco, I decided to finally try and get this computer upgraded, but, of course, the place was out of memory sticks. 6-6-06 is truly an evil day! Thank Bob tonight is free pool night at Coopersmith's. Nothing can go wrong with that....right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home