Sunday, June 11, 2006

Well, the big day is about 40 days away. At times that 40 days feels like it's a long way away, and at other times it feels like it's coming way too soon. In the long scheme of things, these next few weeks will be so little time and time that I'll probably wish I had more of. On the other hand, I've had little to do to fill up my days, making each day go by very slowly. I've also had a lot of time to think, probably too much time.

I'm normally not the kind of person to get too nostalgic or sentimental, but lately I've been way too affixed on the past. Instead of looking forward to the next stage of my life, I keep looking back on my life so far. I think of all the good friends I had in high school that I haven't seen in years and I may never see again. I wonder how college went by so fast, and I can't help but feel like I missed out on something along the way. I don't feel like I'm ready to leave at all, but everybody has to move on at some point; I just wish I felt more ready.

I realize that this wasn't the funniest blog entry in the world, but I've discovered that blogging can be a good form of therapy dammit. All this has been weighing heavily on my mind the last few weeks and I really haven't been my normal self because of it. At least there's a picture of a beaver right below this for some comic relief! Oh yeah, I took this photo a few days ago. I feel that it fits the angsty tone of this blog entry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home